Christians in the Public Square
Scott Self and Cole Bennett discuss topics and issues related to Christianity, citizenship, and brotherhood. We hold extremely different views on the relationship between the state and the economy; but we share a deep and abiding love and admiration for each other, and whomever wanders into the studio with us. Search for us on all of the podcasting platforms (Apple, Spotify, Overcast, etc.), or check out the most recent episodes below!
The Three Tenets
At the beginning of each episode, you’ll hear us rehearse the three rules that define our podcast. The podcast “The Partially Examined Life” is due proper credit for the idea of three rules.
- Sacred cows make great barbecue – We will scoff at orthodoxy whenever we please.
- Let your flag fly proudly – We will argue vigorously for our points of view.
- Bros before politicos – We are brothers first, and everything else is just details.
- Cole came to Chattanooga for a visit, so we joined Stephen Walker and Sean White's podcast to discuss the church and the public square. They kindly gave us permission to […]
- Stephen Walker joins us to propose a Christian view of anarchy and challenges us to consider trust in something other than the state. Contact Us: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @cp_square Dr. […]
- Jody Team joins us to expand our discussion on corporations and his perspective on how Christians navigate their place in that public sector. Contact Us: Email: email@example.com Twitter: @cp_square Dr. […]
- Scott and Cole are joined by Andy Little to discuss the role of corporations, corporate responsibilities, and Christian ethics in the corporate world. Andy wants the world to know that […]
- Ben Peterson joins us for a conversation about Catholic Social Teaching, and his thesis that the church needs to explore its opportunity to engage in social justice and love by […]
- Scott and Cole discuss a controversy in the SBC, and Scott tries to argue that the problem runs deeper than the issue they're fighting over. Links: Our Lord Isn’t Woke: […]
- We were joined by Emma Conatser to discuss the "profane" and whether and how Christians should engage with literature and art that does not elevate Christian values. Links: Gulf Coast […]
- Darryl Tippens joins us again for a discussion about the challenges of engaging with literature, film, and other media; how do we decide what we are willing to see/read? Contact […]
- ***sorry for the technical difficulties. The intro didn’t seem to make it on the published version, so there’s some unexpected silence at the beginning *** This episode is actually Episode […]