A podcast for doctoral students and those who love them
If it were easy, everyone would be doing it … but it’s not. Earning a doctorate taps several skills and abilities: some of which rarely get talked about in public. Doc101 is a podcast for doctoral students, with particular attention to some of the “soft skills” necessary to earn one’s degree. Search for us on all of the podcasting platforms (Apple, Spotify, Overcast, etc.), or check out the most recent episodes below!
- J. Scott Self, Ph.D. – Assistant Professor, School of Educational Leadership. Abilene Christian University.
- Linnea Rademaker, Ph.D. – Professor, School of Educational Leadership. Abilene Christian University
- Peter Williams, Ph.D. – Professor, School of Educational Leadership. Abilene Christian University
- This is part 1 of a 2-part conversation with Dr. Rachel Slaymaker and Dr. Berlin Fang. Rachel and Berlin were both faculty while they did their doctoral degrees. In this […]
- We were joined by Dr. Tonya Vetter to discuss the “why” of earning a doctorate. This was supposed to be a longer conversation, but the first part was corrupted, so […]
- Tami Shetron joins us for more discussions around the question "What do you wish you knew when you started your doc?" We had a great discussion on learning as a […]
- We are joined by Natalia Assis and Alia Ammar for more of the discussion on "what you wish you knew when you started the doc program." This is part 2 […]
- We are joined by Natalia Assis and Alia Ammar for a discussion on "what you wish you knew when you started the doc program." This is part 1 of a […]
- Ana Gomez de Torres joins us for a discussion of navigating the parts of ourselves and our identities in doctoral programs, and the ways in which we discern how we […]
- In this episode, we’re joined by Dr. Mei Jiang to discuss the experience of advanced learning in second languages. Contact Us: Email: Dr. J. Scott Self Email: Dr. Linnea Rademaker […]
- Dr. Jennifer Butcher joins us to discuss the question that arises for all doc students (some more often than others); do I belong here? Contact Us: Email: Dr. J. Scott […]
- We discuss some of the cultural reflexes and misconceptions of productivity in knowledge and creativity work, and how students can best think about being productive on projects like the dissertation. […]
- We discuss the relationship between theory and research design. This is part 2 of the conversation from last episode. Contact Us: Email: Dr. J. Scott Self Email: Dr. Linnea Rademaker […]